1519 N Blandena ST
Portland, OR 97217
- Programming in C, C++, Java, Lisp, Perl, SQL, and VB.
- Scripting (awk, bash, CGI, perl, PHP, sed, SSI) and HTML for Linux and Solaris servers.
- Administering networks of Novell, UNIX/Linux, and Windows hosts.
- Experience configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Windows and Linux workstations.
- Configuration and management of network services including Apache httpd, Arkeia, Backup Exec, Bacula, Bahamut, Big Brother, BIND, Couchbase, Dovecot, Exchange, IIS, iptables, ISC dhcpd, Linux NFS, Magnolia, MHonArc, MySQL, ntpd, OpenNMS, OpenSSH, Open Webmail, Postfix, Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Samba, Sendmail, SIRV, SmartList, SpamAssassin, Tomcat, and WordPress.
- Management of hardware including Brocade (Foundry, NOS, Silkworm), Cisco (IOS, PIX/ASA), Dell servers, EMC CLARiiON, HDS SAN equipment, HP blades and servers, IBM servers, Juniper routers, and Sun servers.
- Creation and maintenance of Debian, RedHat Linux and Maven software archives.
Director, IT Services (May 2007 - present)
CollegeNET, Portland, OR
- Manager of a team responsible for securing, deploying, and maintaining over two hundred Debian and RedHat Linux servers in a 24x7 environment at three data center locations.
- Coordinate IT activities with other corporate stakeholders and ensure IT services are provided quickly and completely to enable successful engineering efforts while maintaining stability and security for existing customers.
- IT purchasing negotiation and management of the ordering process, delivery and installation of hardware and software.
- Designed and managed two overnight data center relocations and one new data center deployment.
- All previous system administration duties (below).
System Administrator (August 2004 - March 2007)
Senior System Administrator (March 2007 - May 2007)
CollegeNET, Portland, OR
- Member of a team responsible for securing, deploying, and maintaining over eighty RedHat Linux servers in a 24x7 environment.
- Deploy and manage ethernet and fiber channel network hardware in redundant configurations in all firewalling zones.
- Integrate packaged software deployment environments for Java and Perl web applications and coordinate with development teams.
- Communicate with vendors to select and order hardware, software, and services for the data center.
- Improve or create documentation for a variety of systems engineering projects.
Network and Systems Consultant (August 1998 - December 2011)
Lunix Systems, Portland, OR
- Responsible for securing, maintaining and updating an ethernet network of computers running Windows (NT/9x/XP) and Linux (Red Hat and Debian) for the Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries (DOGAMI).
- Business operations for Lunix Systems' colocation cooperative, including planning rack usage, IP allocations, and negotiating provider contracts.
- Implement and manage web hosting, custom PHP applications, virtual domains, specialized spam-scanning modules, and other services.
- Hardware integration for custom PCs, servers, and appliances sold by Lunix Systems.
Access Database Programmer (July 1998 - April 2000)
Oremet/Wah Chang, Albany, OR
- Designed and implemented an Access database to collect and format results from tensile tests and networked databases.
- Wrote integrated VB database software to calculate test results according to military specifications.
- Involved end users in the design of software specific to their needs, increasing productivity.
PC Technician (June - September 1997)
Oregon Metallurgical Corporation, Albany, OR
- Collaborated with a support team installing and updating Windows 95/NT workstations and managing NT servers.
- Resolved various network problems and assisted users with software and hardware issues.
Oregon State University
Bachelor of Science, 2002
- Computer Science, minors in Business Administration and Anthropology.
- Coursework included programming languages, technical problem solving, computer network management and theory, business organization, systems, ethics, cultural theory, and sustainability.